Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retailers / Accounts with out of date stock. Advice needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retailers / Accounts with out of date stock. Advice needed.

Just had a sort of weird experience today.

Friend of ours ordered our beer at a restaurant. The waitress actually discouraged the person from buying our beer.

After a bit of back-tracking we determined they did not cycle their stock correctly and were sitting with beer that we think is past it's sell-by date.

What is the recommended best practice?

Buy back the old stock or replace with new.
    The latter I think is only an option when an account is stuck with a certain slow seller but otherwise goes through a certain quantity of beer regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could use some more info. Are you using a distributor or self D? Because you said "you think" they have old beer, I'm going to assume you don't have code dates on your packages. Your fault. Buy back or exchange the beer and invest in a laser jet coder or expect this to keep happening. No point in talking fault if your customers can't identify code dates. If they are dated, shit happens with bars or restaurants sometimes. Inevitably a straggler gets lost in the rotation. You didn't say how many they have, so tough to give you a good remedy. But my guess is there's no code date.

Comment

We are using a distributor. (Distribution itself in SA is a bit different compared to the US)

The beer is batch coded and dated.

It is a restaurant with variable stock turnover. They used to sell quite consistently. (Our distributor supplies most of their craft beer.)
      Lately sales have slowed down.

We are not talking about a lot of beer really. Their last orders were 2 cases at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yu . No clue on SA distribution norm . Seems like a good time to visit the account, legally remove and replace coded beer and a good time for staff education on your brewery. At your expense. Sucks, but it happens.

Comment

Yip... Guess we will have to drop in and have lunch there and finish all the stock they still have. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X