Clear 22oz bombers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear 22oz bombers

I am trying to find clear glass (not amber, green) 22oz crown cap bottles. Anyone know a source or even a brewery using them?
    Nat West

Thanks Ryan. I also only need a couple pallets, at least to start, so am not looking for any manufacturers to switch colors for me. That low volume also probably precludes me from using a Chinese manufacturer, but I can't even find those online.

I have considered everything else, yes. I had hoped for the 22s to be a good, cheap backup in case other bottles proved too expensive such as swing-tops, etc.
    Nat West

Comment

curious...

Why clear bottles? Are you not afraid of the inevitable skunking of the hop character? Just curious...
      Cheers
      Jay Stoyanoff
      Brewmaster
      Plattsburgh Brewing Co.
      Plattsburgh, NY

Comment

I think it might be possible to do get a small amount from a Chinese manufacturer, you'd be amazed. To find them go to alibaba.com, a search for clear 22oz beer bottles will probably return some viable options.

Originally posted by revnatscider
        Thanks Ryan. I also only need a couple pallets, at least to start, so am not looking for any manufacturers to switch colors for me. That low volume also probably precludes me from using a Chinese manufacturer, but I can't even find those online.

I have considered everything else, yes. I had hoped for the 22s to be a good, cheap backup in case other bottles proved too expensive such as swing-tops, etc.

Comment

monkeybrewer - this is cider, and it does well enough in flint glass

dfalken - I tried that but couldn't find anything for under 100k bottles. Too many for me to start.

RyanCrosby - I don't want the champagne bottle presentation, but thanks for the names of those other two.
          Nat West

Comment

thanks

that makes perfect sense...thanks for the info..good luck in your search
            Jay Stoyanoff
            Brewmaster
            Plattsburgh Brewing Co.
            Plattsburgh, NY

Comment

Want to make a joint order if we can find them? I would like 1 - 2 pallets 'tis all. Let me know. I am also a cider maker.

R.
              Griffin Cider Works

Comment

I have given up for the time being. Post back here or PM me if you find them. I'll also take 500ml bottles like in attachment, but clear not amber.
                Attached Files
                Nat West

Comment

Thanks Pascal, I can get the flip-top 500 and 750 locally, so I'm good there. I would like the 500 in clear like Tieton, Finnriver, Wandering Aengus and now 2 Towns uses. Thanks.
                  Nat West

Comment

Hi Nat,
                    Did you ever find any clear glass bombers? If you're willing to share your source it would be much appreciated. Amazing how tough clear glass can be to source...
                    Thanks!

Comment

Try Saxco (Cal Glass)
                      They have large selection.
                      Aron Levin
                      St. Florian's Brewery
                      Windsor CA 95492
                      www.stfloriansbrewery.com
                      www.facebook.com/stfloriansbrewery

Comment

Aron - Thanks for the response. Unfortunately we talked to Saxco at CiderCon and even though they had a few great bottles we liked, the prices seemed a bit too high - around $1.70/bottle.

We're also wondering about the logistics of using a 22ozer for fruit flavored ciders, if anyone has any input. My understanding is that TTB regs will only allow this to be bottled in specific ml increments?

Patti

Comment

O-I makes a long neck 22oz bomber in flint, body code 500074
                          Problem is that you need to order from them by the truckload. I can look into getting a couple pallets and sending them out, but you're across the country so it would probably cost quite a bit in shipping.

Comment

Working...
                          X