Beersmith 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beersmith 2

We are getting ready to move from a small 3bbl nano system to a Premier Stainless 30bbl operation. We currently use beersmith and would like to continue to use it in the larger operation. Does anyone have any experience with scaling up small batches with beer smith? Specifically interested in efficiency and hop utilization differences. Any information or experience would be helpful.

Cheers!

Monte Speicher
    Cutters Brewing Co.

Monte,

Rob and I are using beer smith. He did all the initial scale up from 1Bbl to 20bbl with it. Feel free to contact us off forum with any specific questions.

Josh
    Flat 12

Comment

I have been using BeerSmith recently at the brewpub. Efficiency was calculated by plugging in numbers from several old batches and finding an average (we're 80-82% efficient). Hop utilization was just a guess - I started with 120% and that number seems close. We have not done any testing of our beers as far as IBUs, but I have enough experience judging beer that my IBU calculations seem fairly reasonable. It works OK for us in the brewpub environment, but in a larger production facility I would want more accuracy.

Comment

Working...
      X