Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharing space with vineyard... contamination?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing space with vineyard... contamination?

I'm a bit concerned that sharing a production center with our vineyard might be a little sketchy. Specifically worried about contamination on the grain dust, including lacto. Attached an image, with just my proposed layout for the brewery equipment. You can see my grain shelves, going with pre-milled at first. Also you see the mash tun, a converted dairy chiller, where I'll be dumping in by the bag. There's a 4' high half wall mandated by the state with a 10' opening. Vineyard is relocating from old building across the street to the 2/3 of the space on the other side of the 4' wall.

Should we be worried about turning the wine to vinegar? Everything is in construction at this point. But quickly coming together. Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	probrewer_sketch_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	193173

Federally, can a brewery/vineyard share a space without a complete dividing wall, not a half-height wall?

Comment

TTB didn't care, PLCB mandated the half wall.

Comment

Just to clear up the question. Are you concerned that winery operations might contaminate your brewery? Or are you concerned that your brewery operations might contaminate the winery? If you follow standard brewery practices in sanitizing procedure, you should be fine. If the winery follows standard practices for winery sanitizing, then yes they should be concerned.

Kevin
        When all else fails, forget the hammer. It's time for explosives!

Comment

Working...
        X