Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with long tube filler?

Hi!
    We are considering buying an old but functional long tube 16/4 filler/capper. As I understand there is no preevac but simply a cou8nterpressure with CO2. The sniff goes up the bowl.
    Is this a big potential problem regarding beer stability caused by build up of oxygen in the filler bowl and by not evacuating before filling?
    Best regards,
    J&B

We run an old Holderfliesse (sp?) 16/4 long tube filler. There is no pre-evac but there is a long CO2 purge as the tube is lowered and sealed to the bottle. From my limited knowledge a pre-evac is usually for short tube fillers. There shouldn't be any risk of oxygenating the bowl that I'm aware of since the excess pressure (CO2/O2) from the bottle is vented out during snifting. Good luck.
    Tim

Edit: I reread and saw that you wrote that it snifts back into the bowl. That could cause an issue. Are you sure that it snifts back into the bowl?
    Last edited by timbro81; 07-01-2014, 07:07 PM.

Comment

It's actually a Holderfleiss that we are thinking of buying. As I understand the snifting goes to the bowl but I might be wrong. The model i s Bavaria 16/4. Is that the one you have aswell? Any tips or trix or guideance to a FAQ on this filler? We have no experience what so ever regarding these kind of fillers but the deal is good and we canĀ“t manually CP fill any more even if we manage 1000bottles/h.
      Best regards,
      J&B

Originally posted by timbro81 View Post
      We run an old Holderfliesse (sp?) 16/4 long tube filler. There is no pre-evac but there is a long CO2 purge as the tube is lowered and sealed to the bottle. From my limited knowledge a pre-evac is usually for short tube fillers. There shouldn't be any risk of oxygenating the bowl that I'm aware of since the excess pressure (CO2/O2) from the bottle is vented out during snifting. Good luck.
      Tim

Edit: I reread and saw that you wrote that it snifts back into the bowl. That could cause an issue. Are you sure that it snifts back into the bowl?
      Last edited by J&B; 07-02-2014, 07:22 AM.

Comment

It purges to the atmosphere. When we bought ours it ran but was not in great condition. Lots of headaches and observing to try and figure it out. There was about a 2 year learning curve for us but we routinely run ours at 55BPM with few issues. I would recommend buying a replacement valve repair kit from Markl if the seals in the filler valves haven't been replaced in a while. Stay on top of maintenance and it will be a work horse for you. The hardest part about learning, as with many cases, you have to cut your teeth and learn while you're trying to put product into a bottle to pay bills. If you ever have any problems or questions please feel free to contact me. Good luck.

Tim Brophy
        tim@marshallbrewing.com

Comment

Working...
        X