C02 Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C02 Loss

We're a small brewery, I brew double batches of 3.5 bbl and after fermentation I transfer into 7 bbl brites. We carbonate the beer over 24-36 hrs, the beer looks great in the brites when we pull of of the sample valve. And when we bottle out of the tanks the beer looks, tastes and runs great. We only have 2 tanks so turn around has to be quick after 4-6 days in the brite I'm emptying them in to 1/2 kegs, then later we'll bottle out of the kegs if needed. We seem to be losing C02 once the beer hits the kegs, and its not just one beer its all of them. We started topping off the kegs with 30 psi to make sure we're not losing too much. When we put the kegs of force carb for 2 days at 20 psi they seem to get better. I also don't have a tester for co2 , waiting on it to come in. We've been getting complanits that some of our bottled beer is flat as well...Where is it all going!!?? Please Help!!

Has anyone else had issues like this from brite to keg, or brite to bottle?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, we've been dealing with this for 4 months now and we can't figure it out. Please Help!!

Cheers and Thanks,
    Matt
Working...
X