Basic Lab Equipment List?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Lab Equipment List?

has anyone got a shopping list of basics, consumables etc to set yourself up a basic Q&A and Yeast prop lab?

I already have two Hanna Stirers, some 2 > 5L erlens.

with thanks?
    Founder of London Brewers' Alliance | European Craft Sales Manager for SimplyHops.com | BrewWharf 2009/11 | Writes CAMRA's Homebrew Column | Opened Breakwater Brew Co | Get me @phillowry

The BSI website has a good list, including possible sources for most items

Comment

+1 to the last post. Download their Lab Handbook and the last page is list of materials and where to buy them. Gotta love BSI!

Comment

I too have been building our lab. I used a combination of BSI, a local brewer friend and Teri Fahrendorf ( http://www.terifahrendorf.com/ ) recommendations to create a list of items.

Here is what I have
        https://www.dropbox.com/s/fr1x6gf4g8...lies.xlsx?dl=0

You can adjust the quantities as needed. We are partnering with our local university and they are lending us some of the high dollar equipment so that can be a source of expertise also. I do not have an option for an autoclave but am looking at either the All American Steam sterilizer or the MTN version on Ebay. Also looked at www.ottoclave.com and really liked what they were doing. I may play with some sensors and a Raspberry Pi to make an open source control box.

Hope this helps.
        Mike Pensinger
        General Manager/Brewmaster
        Parkway Brewing Company
        Salem, VA

Comment

Brewery lab start up

Kudos to you for taking some time to start up your lab. To give you a better list, could you tell us what your goals are in terms of what you'd like to be able to analyze in your lab?

Comment

Working...
          X