Tap Line Calculations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tap Line Calculations

Does anyone have a good spreadsheet for calculating dispense (tap line installations)? I would normally want to leave this to the professionals to get a perfect pour, however; budgetary constraints have me doing the install. This isn’t an easy installation either, because we must rise through the attic, across the ceiling, and then fall to the tap tower. I have calculations for dispense lines with a rise or a fall but nothing for both a rise and a fall. It is a rather long run also (50’), not including the rise (11’) and the fall of (7’). Is the calculation as easy as subtracting line resistance when rising and adding back the line resistance when falling? Any recommendations or spreadsheets would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Todd; 07-08-2008, 03:39 PM.
    Todd Malloy
    Director of Brewing
    Glenwood Canyon Brewing Co.
    Glenwood Springs, Colorado

Todd,
    If I remember correctly from my American Brewers Guild classes, the calculations are as easy as just subtracting the fall from the rise, leaving you with a 4' rise overall.

I've been using this document for a couple of years. It never comes out perfect, but it's usually pretty close.

http://kegman.net/balance.html

After one extremely frustrating attempt to build a new under-bar keg system I came to the conclusion that small barbed hose unions can be a real pain in the a** because they can cause gas breakout in the lines.

Just a thought. Good luck!
    Hutch Kugeman
    Head Brewer
    Brooklyn Brewery at the Culinary Institute of America
    Hyde Park, NY

Comment

If you get me the run with lift and drop, altitude, type of beer hose (poly,Vinyl, Barrrier), shank size and length, cooler temp, and beer style (or volumes of CO2) I can figure it out for you. Also let me know if there are pressure requirements/restrictions (serving tanks)
      Jim Brown, Owner
      Happy Tappy Draft Beer Services
      3440 Win Kae Place
      Bay City, MI 48706
      989-233-2221

Comment

Working...
      X