ZHEJIANG DAYU Brewing Equipment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZHEJIANG DAYU Brewing Equipment?

Does anyone have any experience with the ZHEJIANG DAYU company in China? They are posting a ton of equipment for sale in the classifieds, and I was wondering if anyone out there is able to comment on anything purchased from them. Thanks.

ZHEJIANG DAYU Brewing Equipment?

Bump. I'm also interested if anyone has ordered equipment from them.

Comment

Bump. Anyone else?

Comment

I used a different company from china and really love what I got from them. Here is a link to a couple of pictures of my equipment. http://discussions.probrewer.com/sho...s-advice/page2
        Last edited by Eclectic Ales; 11-12-2014, 06:59 AM.
        Ben Pugh
        Meddlesome Brewing Company
        Memphis, TN

Eclectic Ales
        Memphis, Tn

Comment

Bump. Anyone else?

Comment

Dayu

I have purchased several smaller FVs directly through Dayu. The communication was satisfactory and the equipment has been as well. We have five 300l single wall conic also and two jacketed 7bbl FVs that we're purchased later. The smaller tanks have been in service over two years while the larger have been in use for 9 months now. I will say that Dayu was diligent at meeting my specifications and requirements and had good schematic drawing for review. The equipment arrived as promised and the only real complaint I had was that they were real dirty inside and out. I am currently shopping brew houses and would consider them again. Regardless of the manufacturer I plan to head over to see the stuff prior to shipping as it is the only chance you have for them to make corrections.
            Bill White
            Owner/Brewer
            White Flame Brewing Co.
            Hudsonville, MI
            bwhite@whiteflamebrewing.com

Comment

What method did you use to send them the funds?

Comment

Wire transfer
                Bill White
                Owner/Brewer
                White Flame Brewing Co.
                Hudsonville, MI
                bwhite@whiteflamebrewing.com

Comment

Im about to pay for a 5bbl. Ill let you know how it turns out.

Comment

I nervously wired the money to China back in January and worked with Mellissa on the tanks.

received and hooked up. not turned on our glycol yet.

shipment arrived and I had to pay my local broker about 500-700 for customs clearance and local delivery as expected.

tanks are nice and pretty.

the crate they built was not beefy enough and the tank was a little scratched up with some small dings.
                    it showed up on its side from the ship and the pressure gauge was busted off.
                    also, the lower glycol fitting threads was not tapped out correctly and I had to (extremely) nervously take a dremel tool to get the thread so I could thread in my fitting.
                    also, the diagram said they were 3/4" fpt glycol fittings and when arrived they were 1".

I would insist they crate better and bolt the tank to the pallet and also use some wooden blocks around the tank so if laid on side it would not put pressure on the blowoff arm or anything else. after many months of waiting it was kind of a bummer to see the tanks with scraches and dings due to something as minor as the packing method.

other than that Melissa was great to work with and tanks were as shown on diagrams and welds were very clean. for the price I am happy with the product and the company and will use them again.

Mark

Comment

OK, well let me tell you something about my recent experience with their kit. I carried out some of the initial commissioning for someone who had ordered this stuff without having gone through their inventory with a fine toothcomb.
                      The kit looked shiny on the outside. Inside the tanks it took two manual degreasing cleans (which was a pig to do due to location of manway doors etc) and a hot caustic (70 C, 3%) before it was anything like. The pipework wasn’t too bad. Everything was then passivated using hot nitric acid. Three weeks later, the passivated surfaces seem reasonable, but non passivated areas are showing signs of rust.
                      The pipework is fixed – so fixed that it is uncleanable unless you break the joints to allow the CIP to run through to drain – and this won’t be a good clean. The upstand system on the FV cones has to be removed to clean both the upstand and the connection to the vessel. The pressure gauges are not hygienic design and I think will fail shortly due to water ingress.
                      The pipework is designed to be water flushed, not cleaned. The pipework is 1.5 inch, but the pumps are barely big enough to clean 1.0 inch. The wort chiller is about 5 times as large as a GEA chiller for the same duty, which means it will undoubtedly be a horrible bug trap in the near future due to inadequate cleaning. The RJT fittings are made on the cheap and are unhygienic.
                      The hot water tank and wort kettle are heated by electric heaters in an oil bath which are so big that after the heaters are turned off, the temperature will rise another 4 to 5 degrees, or boil for a further 15 minutes according to volume and temperature.
                      There is no information on the filter sheets, no means of cleaning and sterilising the filter easily. You cannot filter at the same time as brewing. There were no spares supplied as standard. The electrical cabinets are not splash or waterproof, and so not safe to use in a brewery environment. Switches and cable entries are not waterproofed (or earthed until the local electrician did it for me).
                      The mash tun plates are screwed down so that it makes a real mountain of a job out of cleaning under the plates after a brew. The mixer paddles / rakes are worse than useless for either mixing mash in, or raking during wort runoff.
                      The welding has the appearance of being pigeon sh…., ground back so that it is sort of smooth. CIP set – a bucket and brush would be more use much of the time. No scavenge pump for cleaning tanks, so they cannot be cleaned properly just using CIP.

The whole build suggests it is build down to a minimum cost by people who don’t understand the brewing and cleaning processes, but believe it is perfect, so will no change anything for you.

Would I recommend them? You kidding?
                      dick

Comment

Seems a shame to knock the hell out of the sponsor, but I just report what I find, in this case not good.
                        dick

Comment

Terrible equipment.

I made the mistake to buy equipment from them, it has been a nightmare.
                          I just want to say stay away from them

Comment

Originally posted by Carlo View Post
                            I made the mistake to buy equipment from them, it has been a nightmare.
                            I just want to say stay away from them
                            would you care to elaborate? seems like most people on here say STAY AWAY, then never follow up.

I ordered some 5 bbl equipment from them. It is being shipped currently, I will update when we receive it. I will say so far communication has been great, pictures of manufacturing at least once a week, always prompt replies to my emails and questions.

Comment

I'm also interested in hearing any feedback on Dayu's quality. About to purchase some brights at a great price and beginning to wonder if it's worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X