Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbonation stone - GW Kent vs Zahm & Nagel

Hi,

I got two 6bbl brite tanks rated at 25psi. I want to equip them with a carb stone each and got the following options from GW Kent and from Zahm & Nagel:

GW Kent: 2 micron 8" stone + extension, 1.5' TC and 1/4 NPT female gas connection, $ 275,-

Zahm & Nagel: 2 micron 6"stone + 8" extension, 1.5' TC and 1/4 NPT female gas connection, $ 424,-

They both look exactly the same and I don't know which one would be the better choice for me. Does anyone have a preference when it comes to carb stones from GW Kent or Zahm?

Any help is highly appreciated!

GW Kent is great

Bought this one in 1x12, works amazing for us

Comment

I can't say much about the GW Kent model, but I have the Zahm model (4" stone, 6" extension) in all 6 of my 7 bbl brites. I think they're the bomb. In fact after adding my last 2 BTs that came fitted with some cheaper stones (not sure from where) I ended up removing them and replacing them with the Zahms.
      Dave Cowie
      Three Forks Bakery & Brewing Company
      Nevada City, CA

Comment

Carbonation stone - GW Kent vs Zahm & Nagel

Originally posted by 02holzem View Post
        Any help is highly appreciated!
        I've had one out of 4 of our GW Kent 6" x 0.5" stones develop some signs of rust at the weld where the sintered part is joined to the TC part. Otherwise we are quite happy with all the other GW Kent gear.

I don't see any reason to spend nearly double for the same component.
        Regards,
        Chris Mills

Kereru Brewing Company
        http://kererubrewing.co.nz

Comment

Originally posted by kererubrewing View Post

I don't see any reason to spend nearly double for the same component.
          I should probably have added, that I paid $275 for my Zahms. I am also uncertain that you'd need 6" stones for 6bbl BTs. I only say that because my first four 7bbl BTs came from Premier equipped with the Zahm 4" stones and they have worked flawlessly for 2 years. It takes about 4-6 hours to carb (depending on spunding) and I breakdown and soak/clean them only after every 6-8 transfers.
          Dave Cowie
          Three Forks Bakery & Brewing Company
          Nevada City, CA

Comment

Thanks for your input. It sounds that both stones are doing fine. By the looks they seem anyways identical. think I'll order from GW Kent since their stone is cheaper and the shipping charges are half that of Zahm&Nagel.

Thanks again, Michael
            Last edited by 02holzem; 09-08-2016, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X