in line oxygen filter....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in line oxygen filter....

....i think everyone will know what they look like and what they are, so...

where do you get them?
    k. m. kerner

If it's for bottled oxygen, then McMaster has part number 2990K11 that works well for particulate contaminants. If you are looking for a compressed air system, then you'll need an oil-free compressor, an oil/water separator, a particulate filter, and a carbon filter to remove any stink. Hope this helps!
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

yeah, it was vague.....

...i'm sorry...in a field where everything is specific i chose to be general....

i'm talking more about from my O2 tank to my in-line stone during transfer into the FV for aeration.....

i have these rounded disks with two hose barbs on each side but no company name either on the disks themselves or the box that they once came in....(cardboard is no match for a wet environment).

does anyone use these or is there something that i should be upgrading towards?

thanks for the help....
      k. m. kerner

Comment

hi,

if the discs have a paper-like membrane in the middle, you may have a pall filter. i think a better filter for your needs is a pall "kleen-pak" filter - 38mm triclover connections at each end. you should autoclave them before each use and then connect as "aseptically" as possible. http://www.pall.com/datasheet_biopharm_34140.asp is the website for what i am talking about.

cheers,

alex

Comment

At the other end of things... I operate with NO in-line O2 filter between my tank and stone. I've not had to drop a single batch, and crop my yeast to 20+ generations... then again, I have a fast turning draft only product in a small geographical area, so long-term storage has yet to be tested (except for the hand bottled Barleywine I suppose).

Cheers,
          Scott

Comment

I think this is what you are looking for: http://morebeer.com/browse.html?keyw...gory_id=100041

Comment

Working...
            X