Meheen question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meheen question

So, we have our 4 head '96 Meheen hooked up to water at about 15 psi and are just trying to get through a cycle. The unit fills fine when we run the sanitize cycle, but when we try to run in auto it cycles up to the point of the fill, but never fills and we get an error "counter pressure fail"

During the filling operation, the line pressure is reading 0.

Our CO2 pressure is at about 20.

Thoughts?

need higher CO2 pressure

Generally, your CO2 pressure needs to be ~35psi, and you need to have a regulator capable of delivering the gas pretty quickly throughout your whole run.

Taylor Smack
    Blue Mountain Brewery
    Afton, VA

Comment

The water isn't carbonated, I think the liquid needs to have carbonation in order for the machine to cycle. Call Dave he's always been very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by fa50driver
        So, we have our 4 head '96 Meheen hooked up to water at about 15 psi and are just trying to get through a cycle. The unit fills fine when we run the sanitize cycle, but when we try to run in auto it cycles up to the point of the fill, but never fills and we get an error "counter pressure fail"

During the filling operation, the line pressure is reading 0.

Our CO2 pressure is at about 20.

Thoughts?
        Hiya fa50driver,
        No, the liquid does not need to be carbonated. Ensure your product line valve on the tank is open (obvious, I know. I always try to start with the simplest.). If your line pressure is reading zero, that seems to indicate your product tank pressure could be the issue. Since these machines fill using a pressure gradient, the tank pressure needs to be slightly higher than the CO2 pressure delivered to the machine. Make sure your CO2 supply to the machine is on. Also, make sure the (usually) white, small line pressure hose is reconnected to the bottom sensor of the "brain box". Dave Meheen is very helpful. If you are unable to resolve this, give him a call, www.Meheen-mfg.com

Good luck and Prost!
        Dave
        Glacier Brewing Company
        406-883-2595
        info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

All valves are open and CO2 is flowing.... It was our suspicion that possibly the sensor that reads line pressure is not functioning properly. As I mentioned, the product flows fine during sanitation mode, but when sequencing through the regular cycle, never fills.

Comment

I had to replace both the sensors in the box (because of a similar problem, only 1 sensor was bad but I figured just replace them both), and ours is about the same age. Dave sent us the NO-Shok sensor and the problem was fixed. We also replaced the entire eductor/speed control assembly and the machine has run much better since then. Both fixes are pretty simple and took about 1/2 an hour.

Comment

sensors

Any idea on cost? My partner just flashed me a price of $282 each for the sensors from a local company.

Comment

It was right around there. I realized I could've sourced them local after I ordered them.

Comment

Problem solved?

Hey there fa50driver-
                  Just wondering if you ever got the problem solved? I am experiencing this same issue on my '97.
                  Joe

Comment

Hey Joe,

Just noticed this post. I assume that you solved the problem already, but our solution was a CO2 flow issue. We added a keg in-line for the CO2 run, creating a reservoir of sorts - to help provide assistance with the volume of CO2 required to provide enough counter pressure to open the flow valves. Apparently our CO2 lines from the tank to the regulators were too small. We do the same thing (CO2 reservoir) for our keg washer as well.

Interestingly enough, I have the same problem again, only the cause was the pinch valves for the CO2 counterpressure - I was getting air blowing by the "pistons", thus the valves weren't actuating and pinching the hose to provide the CO2 counter pressure needed to start flow. Then when/if the flow started, it was too fast because, once again, the valves weren't actuating fully and there wasn't sufficient counter pressure to slow the beer flow down.

Unable to find the valves - going to create a separate post to see if anyone knows of a source. Meheen doesn't carry them anymore.

Comment

co2 FLOW

Yep, problem solved with more CO2 flow.

Comment

Working...
                      X