Bottling Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottling Pump

I have a 6-6-1 filler, I would like to fill at 3 to 3.5 bar but my tanks only have a working pressure of 2 bar! Is there a type of pump I can put inline with the filler and my sterile filter to get up to this sort of pressure???

It's done all the time with centrifugal pumps. They just need to be sized properly. And you won't overcarbonate your beer, like you can do with overpressurized tanks. Do you have any candidate pumps lying around? What's your max and min flow rate? What's your temperature? Is it a 1 1/2"TC beer line? What maximum filter pressure drop will you see? And what volume do you package in a day & given week?
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

You should only need about 1 bar on the filler providing the beer is cold enough. Most tanks in the UK at least are rated to a mximum of 2 bar, but that doesn't mean you should try and run them at that pressure. Again, 1 bar top pressure should be fine, which allows for a little variation as the level rises / drops and gas is supplied to or vented from the tank.

Try central bottling (or it may be central bottlers) who used to be based at Doncaster. They usually have loads of spare pumps of various sizes and can advise on a suitable size pump and impeller to suit the duties

Cheers
      dick

Comment

Working...
      X