Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgot yeast pitch

Hello guys

Last friday we brewed a 2000 liter batch and for a reason i cannot explain, i forgot to pitch my yeast after the transfer. I figure that out only the next day in the morning. About 12 hours later. I took the chance to put the yeast anyway.

My coworker wanted to dump it in the drain but not me, i wanted to give it a try. I've been on the brewery today and the taste and odor seems to be normal, the worth is boiling a lot.

Does someone ever had this kind of experience? What was the results?

Thx

Alain

In my opinion not a problem at all if you have a good CIP protocol and if the wort was kept at cold temperature. If possible, QC to make sure there is no contamination to avoid any issues later.
    Have seen similar cases when the yeast was not delivered on time until the next day and the batch was brewed.

Comment

I agree that it is not catastrophic to pitch the yeast 12 hours later. Good idea to plate for wild yeast and bacteria though just in case, especially if this beer needs a longer shelf life.
      Lallemand is a global leader in the development, production and marketing of yeast, bacteria and specialty ingredients.

Comment

Hey guy, usually brewing lager, the wort in fermentation tank could be stay within 24hours, such as two batches tanks. first batch wort is within 12hours, second batch wort is next 8~10hours. Any question we could have a chat.

Comment

Hi Alain, how are things going? Get good beers?

Comment

Working...
          X